15:44 01st Aug, 2014
Google Adds 76 Indian Heritage Sites To 360 Degree Street View
This will bring in a new experience and look at the monuments from different angles.
NEW DELHI: While the Google Street View ran into some rough weather in India, it hasn't stopped it from bringing in the 360-degree panoramic view of the Indian heritage sites and has added 76 more sites across India.
While Taj Mahal and Humayun Tomb have been a part of it for some time, Google and Archaeological Survey of India have included historical sites like Safdarjung Tomb, Ellora Caves, and Purana Quila, a statement said.
These panoramas, collected using Street View technology, are available for viewing on the Google Cultural Institute site.
The Google Cultural Institute, an initiative by the search giant, in an effort to make important cultural material available and accessible to everyone and to digitally preserve it to educate and inspire future generations.
Starting today, people from around the world will now also be able to virtually explore over 1400 cultural objects from India on the Google Cultural Institute.
This launch of 76 new ASI sites brings the number of ASI locations now online to over 100, including the heritage sites launched in February such as the Taj Mahal and Humayun's Tomb.
Rare vintage images and paintings sourced from the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, Daricha Foundation, Parzor Foundation, and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research would also be now available for an immersive virtual exhibition on the Insitute's site, the statement said.
Five institutions that are already on the Google Cultural Institute, namely Delhi's National Museum, Delhi's National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Archive of Indian Music, Jana Natya Manch and ASI, have already launched new content.
TAGS: Google Now
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499