15:44 01st Aug, 2014
Google Adds 76 Indian Heritage Sites To 360 Degree Street View
This will bring in a new experience and look at the monuments from different angles.
NEW DELHI: While the Google Street View ran into some rough weather in India, it hasn't stopped it from bringing in the 360-degree panoramic view of the Indian heritage sites and has added 76 more sites across India.
While Taj Mahal and Humayun Tomb have been a part of it for some time, Google and Archaeological Survey of India have included historical sites like Safdarjung Tomb, Ellora Caves, and Purana Quila, a statement said.
These panoramas, collected using Street View technology, are available for viewing on the Google Cultural Institute site.
The Google Cultural Institute, an initiative by the search giant, in an effort to make important cultural material available and accessible to everyone and to digitally preserve it to educate and inspire future generations.
Starting today, people from around the world will now also be able to virtually explore over 1400 cultural objects from India on the Google Cultural Institute.
This launch of 76 new ASI sites brings the number of ASI locations now online to over 100, including the heritage sites launched in February such as the Taj Mahal and Humayun's Tomb.
Rare vintage images and paintings sourced from the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, Daricha Foundation, Parzor Foundation, and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research would also be now available for an immersive virtual exhibition on the Insitute's site, the statement said.
Five institutions that are already on the Google Cultural Institute, namely Delhi's National Museum, Delhi's National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Archive of Indian Music, Jana Natya Manch and ASI, have already launched new content.
TAGS: Google Now
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones