Alnoor M Peermohamed
16:47 30th Jul, 2014
Fitbit Becomes The First Fitness Tracker To Support Windows Phone | TechTree.com
Fitbit Becomes The First Fitness Tracker To Support Windows Phone
The app is identical to its iOS and Android variants and will work exclusively on Windows Phone 8.1
The past one year has been absolutely brilliant if you're a fitness data freak, with various trackers and activity bands making their way to the market. Unfortunately, your choice of smartphone to which you tether the wearable was limited to devices running Google's Android or Apple iPhone, until now.
One of the most popular names in the fitness/activity tracking business, Fitbit, has launched its app for devices running Windows Phone 8.1. The app is near identical to its iOS and Android counterparts, with the wearable pairing to your WP 8.1 device via Bluetooth.
Even in terms of functionality, the Fitbit app for Windows provides users the ability to monitor their progress on fitness goals, adjust goals or even create new ones. The app also allows users to send messages to friends with Fitbit devices and create leaderboards for a bit of competition.
Fitbit has launched its app for Windows Phone 8.1 following big names like Adobe and Uber, who brought their services to the platform in the past few weeks. Microsoft's problems of motivating app and hardware developers hasn't ended yet, but things do seem to be changing, albeit at a slow pace.
Windows Phone 8.1 users will be able to download the Fitbit app starting today for free from the Windows Phone store. The app will work along with devices like the Fitbit Flex or the Fitbit One.
TAGS: FitBit, Windows Phone 8.1, fitness-tracker, Microsoft, Uber, Adobe
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals