12:34 23rd Jul, 2014
Google Now Fares A Bit Better Than Apple's Siri: Analysts
Google Now got 84% answers right, while Siri trailed marginally at 82%
At present, Google Now and Apple’s Siri are the two of the most used voice searches and are in a battle for supremacy. It looks like Google Now has a slight advantage, according to Piper Jaffaray analyst Gene Muster.
While both have trouble finding the right information, according to Appleinsider, Android voice search answered questions 84 percent of the time, while Siri got it right 82 percent of the times.
Munster's team found that Siri used Google as a source for only 3 percent of all questions, an ongoing drop from a 27 percent reliance on Google in December 2012. Instead, Siri used Bing as the default search engine and Apple Maps for navigation questions. Siri was also able to answer 4 percent of all the queries on its own, an improvement from less than 1 percent in December 2013.
"We believe Siri will continue increasing the number of queries it can answer without consulting outside sources," Munster said in one of the investors notes. "This is important because if Siri consistently directs users to other search engines, they will be more likely to simply use Google/another search engine instead of going through Siri."
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance