16:08 22nd Jul, 2014
Google Maps Now Available In Hindi
The Search giant is targetting the hindi heartland of India
A few days after Google announced that it would recognize the Indian accent, now comes the Google maps in Hindi that will make it useful for the users locally and is expected to make it popular among the people in Hindi heartland of India.
This feature will be available for the desktop and android mobile phone users, who will be able to see Hindi names for cities, localities, important roads and routes as well as popular points of interest such as public parks and schools.
Launching the service, Suren Ruhela, Product and Program Management Director, Google, said, the service may be made available in regional languages based on the feedback of this initiative. He said that the service was a part of the company's global initiative to make maps more useful for users locally.
"We made maps useful across the user group whose needs are uniform. The new Google Map service is more useful and the user can take a virtual tour of a place where he wants to go and launching it in Hindi will give comfort to the Hindi users," he said.
The users need to enable Hindi as their preferred language on their devices to view Hindi name labels on the Maps. "By launching Google Maps in Hindi today, hopefully Indians can explore and navigate the world around them more easily, whether these are people who already use Maps to find their way around day-to-day or Hindi-speakers coming online for the first time," he said.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020