10:26 21st Jul, 2014
Gionee's GN9005 Smartphone Could Be The Thinnest Ever | TechTree.com
Gionee's GN9005 Smartphone Could Be The Thinnest Ever
Unfortunately the company hasn't managed to cram flagship specs into that ultra-slim form factor.
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee proved it was king of the slim smartphone hill with its Elife S5.5, aptly named after its thickness. An Engadget report now states that the company has another device on the way that could be even slimmer.
Chinese authorities have certified an upcoming handset from Gionee, codenamed GN9005, which measures in at just 5mm thick. That's a whole 0.5mm less than the current Elife S5.5 and will most likely be the thinnest smartphone to ever hit the markets.
Courtesy of its slimness, the phone will strictly be a mid-ranger, featuring a 4.8-inch HD (1280x720 pixels) display. The phone will be powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor coupled to 1GB of RAM, which should make for some spirited performance.
In terms of imaging the GN9005 will be equipped with an 8MP primary camera at the rear and a massive 5MP front facing shooter for taking those all important selfies. Other technical specifications include 16GB of internal storage and a modest 2,050mAh battery.
While the specifications may not interest those looking at something like rival Xiaomi's recently launched Mi3, Gionee will still get some serious bragging rights for making the world's thinnest smartphone. That said, pricing will still be key in determining the success of the smartphone in the ultra-competitive mid-range market.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance