Alnoor M Peermohamed
13:20 11th Jul, 2014
HTC Launches Its One (E8) And mid-range Desire 616 In India | TechTree.com
HTC Launches Its One (E8) And mid-range Desire 616 In India
Priced at Rs 34,900 we feel the HTC One (E8) could eat into the Samsung Galaxy S5's market share.
Taiwanese smartphone giant HTC has launched its plastic-bodied flagship One (E8) and mid-range Desire 616 in India at Rs 34,900 and Rs 16,900 respectively. The company has said that the more expensive of the two devices will go on sales at the end of July, while the Desire 616 will start selling as off immediately.
The One (E8) in India will support dual SIMs and feature the same Dual Curve design of the more expensive One (M8). The device however will lack the all-aluminum unibody in exchange for a high quality plastic shell. More importantly the device features the same 5-inch Full HD display is powered by a 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor coupled to 2GB of RAM.
The phone runs on Google's latest Android 4.4 KitKat, with HTC's propitiatory Sense 6 UI loaded on top. In terms of imaging the One (E8) ditches the finicky depth-sensing Duo Camera of its more expensive sibling for a regular 13MP shooter. However it does retain the 5MP front facing camera which is so perfect for those selfies.
The Desire 616 was touted to be a China-only device, but has now made its way to Indian shores. The smartphone features a 5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core MediaTek processor coupled to 1GB of RAM. Internal storage stands at a miniscule 4GB, but is expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card.
Unlike the Desire 816 which was launched in India a few months ago, the 616 runs on the outdated Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Sense 5 UI loaded on top of it. An 8MP primary camera sits on the rear while the front gets a 2MP shooter. In terms of connectivity the device supports dual SIMs, 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
TAGS: HTC, One (E8), HTC Desire 616, dual SIM, Android
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals