12:44 10th Jul, 2014
Tata Docomo And YouTube Join Hands To Make Online Video Affordable
The companies have come up with some interesting video viewing plans to deliver mobile access to YouTube at cheaper prices.
Mobile YouTube viewing is a taboo in India thanks to the expensive 3G rates and the fact that a large chuck of the Indian mobile phone users do not have access to data services. YouTube and Tata Teleservices along with Apalya Technologies plan to change all of that with new plans tailored to make mobile video viewing affordable.
The plans are pretty straight forward and let you watch a limited amount of video whenever you want to by buying a YouTube Recharge. The recharge plans apparently deliver YouTube videos to subscribers at 50 percent of the cost they would normally pay for a data plan.
The new plans are as follows:
INR 9/-, per day validity (till Midnight) for 100 MB of video content
INR 19/-, 3 days validity for 150 MB of video content
INR 39/- 7 days validity for 300 MB of video content
The new YouTube Recharge plan, will enable mobile internet users to enjoy full access to their favourite content, whether it is Bollywood music, educational videos and beauty tutorials on YouTube, or live TV programming on Apalya’s Mobile TV.
The YouTube Recharge plans provide affordable and open access to popular video sharing sites like YouTube and Apalya’s Live TV streaming service at a pretty reasonable prices, making online video accessible to lot more people who find the usual data plans very pricey.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-