16:26 28th Sep, 2012
Control Windows Media Center With Kinect! | TechTree.com
Control Windows Media Center With Kinect!
$7 add-in brings gesture control to the Windows HTPC platform.
After having witnessed numerous hacks that turn the Kinect motion sensor into various forms of a Minority Report like gesture controller, here's yet another one. This latest Kinect gimmick is meant exclusively for the recently launched Windows version of the motion control device. It enables full gesture control for Windows Media Center. Although it isn't compatible with the X360 version of the Kinect due to restrictions laid down by Microsoft, the Windows-exclusive implementation lets you control playback, browsing, and pretty much the entire interface using nothing but your bare hands. It also supports voice recognition that's smart enough to disregard words emanating from the TV. The Kinect for Windows Media Centre add-in costs $7 (Rs 350 approx). Check out the video below to see it in action.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance