11:41 04th Jul, 2014
Microsoft and Canon Sign Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement
A PureView camera with better optics? Well, the possibilities are endless.
Microsoft and Canon have joined hands once again in an effort to bring more innovation to their products, while taking a bold step ahead to reduce patent disputes. Clearly, this is what Apple and Samsung should be doing as well, instead of wasting billions in lawsuits that nobody seems to benefit from.
The patent cross-licensing deal is apparently not to be disclosed to the public. This means that we have no clue what the two are up to, and who is going to use who’s patents to bring innovation to consumers. Still then the possibilities are limitless as both companies have highly valued patent portfolios that each one has struggled to attain.
“This collaborative approach with Canon allows us to deliver inventive technologies that benefit consumers around the world,” said Nick Psyhogeos, general manager, associate general counsel, IP Licensing of the Innovation and Intellectual Property Group at Microsoft.
A PureView camera packed with Canon’s experience in optics would certainly be a welcomed treat for smartphone users. This agreement makes more sense when you consider the fact that camera smartphones are quickly replacing point and shoot cameras in the hands of consumers these days.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance