17:29 30th Jun, 2014
Lenovo, Lava, Swipe To Release 4G-LTE Tablets By 2014
The companies are looking to be the first players when 4G is introduced in India
Despite the increase in the number of data users in India, the country is lagging behind in technology and 3G is yet to be available throughout the country. This hasn’t stopped the companies from introducing next generation devices and companies like Lenevo, Lava and Swipe Telecom may be introducing the 4G LTE-enabled tablets as early as this year.
According to a report in Ecomomic Times, the companies are expecting the 4G LTE technology to come to India in near future and are looking to be the first players in the segment.
While Lenovo is expected to launch a few high-end tablets, Lava and Swipe are looking at the affordable price segment.
The report also suggested that the analysts were expecting the mass adoption of 4G in another two years. The 4G allows the users to download at speeds 10 times faster than 3G, thus enhancing the ability to use video streaming and online gaming.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens