15:44 30th Jun, 2014
Google To Tie Up With MediaTek For Android One | TechTree.com
Google To Tie Up With MediaTek For Android One
The chipmaker is the most preferred among the low-cost Android smarphone companies
The aim of the Android One platform is to lower the cost of the mobile phones and according to reports Google is collaborating with MediaTek for the same.
Ever since the Google announced its Android One platform for the cheaper handsets, there have been speculations about the hardware for phones. This is because it is the hardware that plays an important role in the pricing of the handset.
MediaTek has been the most preferred chipset by the low-cost smartphones, as it is cheaper compared to Qualcomm. So it is no surprise that Google is looking at MediaTek when it is talking about taking Android to the masses.
Google has named three OEM’s – Micromax, Karbonn and Spice for the Android one program, and according to Digitimes, all the phones on this platform would be running on MediaTek chipsets.
The report also states that MediaTek which is the second largest chipmaker in the world, will have access to the latest Android software and firmware.
According to Google’s vision, the company will set up a bunch of hardware and software guidelines and reference design platforms for OEMs to create these devices for emerging markets.
These devices are expected to cost as low as 100$ (approx. Rs. 6,000) and will be launched in India by October.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals