15:44 30th Jun, 2014
Google To Tie Up With MediaTek For Android One
The chipmaker is the most preferred among the low-cost Android smarphone companies
The aim of the Android One platform is to lower the cost of the mobile phones and according to reports Google is collaborating with MediaTek for the same.
Ever since the Google announced its Android One platform for the cheaper handsets, there have been speculations about the hardware for phones. This is because it is the hardware that plays an important role in the pricing of the handset.
MediaTek has been the most preferred chipset by the low-cost smartphones, as it is cheaper compared to Qualcomm. So it is no surprise that Google is looking at MediaTek when it is talking about taking Android to the masses.
Google has named three OEM’s – Micromax, Karbonn and Spice for the Android one program, and according to Digitimes, all the phones on this platform would be running on MediaTek chipsets.
The report also states that MediaTek which is the second largest chipmaker in the world, will have access to the latest Android software and firmware.
According to Google’s vision, the company will set up a bunch of hardware and software guidelines and reference design platforms for OEMs to create these devices for emerging markets.
These devices are expected to cost as low as 100$ (approx. Rs. 6,000) and will be launched in India by October.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance