15:44 30th Jun, 2014
Google To Tie Up With MediaTek For Android One
The chipmaker is the most preferred among the low-cost Android smarphone companies
The aim of the Android One platform is to lower the cost of the mobile phones and according to reports Google is collaborating with MediaTek for the same.
Ever since the Google announced its Android One platform for the cheaper handsets, there have been speculations about the hardware for phones. This is because it is the hardware that plays an important role in the pricing of the handset.
MediaTek has been the most preferred chipset by the low-cost smartphones, as it is cheaper compared to Qualcomm. So it is no surprise that Google is looking at MediaTek when it is talking about taking Android to the masses.
Google has named three OEM’s – Micromax, Karbonn and Spice for the Android one program, and according to Digitimes, all the phones on this platform would be running on MediaTek chipsets.
The report also states that MediaTek which is the second largest chipmaker in the world, will have access to the latest Android software and firmware.
According to Google’s vision, the company will set up a bunch of hardware and software guidelines and reference design platforms for OEMs to create these devices for emerging markets.
These devices are expected to cost as low as 100$ (approx. Rs. 6,000) and will be launched in India by October.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-