14:17 26th Jun, 2014
Google Claims It Now Has One Billion Active Android Users Per Month
No, that isn't the number of Android devices, its the actual number of people using Android devices.
Internet search giant Google has revealed that it has hit the 1-billion active monthly users mark for its Android platform. The figures were given out by the company's Android and Chrome chief, Sundar Pichai, at the Google I/O conference held in San Francisco.
At last year's I/O the company claimed it had 900-million active Android devices in a 30-day period, which went on to hit the 1 billion mark last September. Now however, there are 1 billion people across the globe who use an Android device.
Some other interesting tit-bits of information were also given out by Google - 93 million selfies are taken each day with an Android device, 20 billion text messages are sent on any given day and the devices are checked over 100 billion times each day, making that one billion users figure pretty accurate.
The other significant change was seen in Google's conquests of the global tablet market. Tablets running on Android now make up 62 per cent of the global tablet market, up from 46 per cent last year.
Android's dominance of the smartphone market and now the tablet market means more people are downloading more apps. Google registered a 236 per cent year-on-year growth in the number of app installs on its Play Store.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-