11:44 25th Jun, 2014
Spreadtrum’s Integrated Chipsets To Make Smartphones Cheaper | TechTree.com
Spreadtrum’s Integrated Chipsets To Make Smartphones Cheaper
Says that the integrated solutions will bring down costs for smartphone manufacturers and eventually consumers will benifit.
Spreadtrum has unveiled its latest smartphone platform tagged as the SC883XG and the Chinese chipset manufacturer claims that the new chipset will not only lower power consumption, but also will reduce costs as well.
The chipset integrates a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor (ARM Cortex A7 CPUs) and adds TD-SCDMA/HSPA(+) and GSM / GPRS / EDGE with dual-SIM dual-standby capability to the mix as well.
The multi-mode quad-core smartphone platform does this by integrating the radios and WiFi / Bluetooth / GPS / FM connectivity all into chip, making communications between components less power hungry because everything happens within the same vicinity. Moreover, the SC883XG platform utilizes the 28nm processing technology making the chipset even more power-efficient than most other budget-segment chipsets out there.
Dr. Leo Li, chairman and CEO of Spreadtrum in a company statement said: “With the fast adoption of smartphones globally, competitive products with quad-core processors are attracting more and more attention of consumers. Our newest turnkey solution, which integrates a quad-core chipset designed with advanced semiconductor process technology with a complete mobile platform solution for our customers, enables handset makers to develop cost-effective and differentiated products quickly and tailored for the needs of different markets.”
The chip also supports 2D/3D graphics acceleration, 1080p HD video, 8 mega pixel camera sensors and even integrates the ISP graphic processing engine, which is good news for budget handsets manufacturers. This results in reduced costs for manufacturers, the value of which eventually trickles down to consumers in the form of lower priced handsets.
[See Also: Firefox OS Entry-Level Smartphones Powered By Spreadtrum Chipsets]
TAGS: Hardware, processors, Spreadtrum
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals