11:44 25th Jun, 2014
Spreadtrum’s Integrated Chipsets To Make Smartphones Cheaper
Says that the integrated solutions will bring down costs for smartphone manufacturers and eventually consumers will benifit.
Spreadtrum has unveiled its latest smartphone platform tagged as the SC883XG and the Chinese chipset manufacturer claims that the new chipset will not only lower power consumption, but also will reduce costs as well.
The chipset integrates a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor (ARM Cortex A7 CPUs) and adds TD-SCDMA/HSPA(+) and GSM / GPRS / EDGE with dual-SIM dual-standby capability to the mix as well.
The multi-mode quad-core smartphone platform does this by integrating the radios and WiFi / Bluetooth / GPS / FM connectivity all into chip, making communications between components less power hungry because everything happens within the same vicinity. Moreover, the SC883XG platform utilizes the 28nm processing technology making the chipset even more power-efficient than most other budget-segment chipsets out there.
Dr. Leo Li, chairman and CEO of Spreadtrum in a company statement said: “With the fast adoption of smartphones globally, competitive products with quad-core processors are attracting more and more attention of consumers. Our newest turnkey solution, which integrates a quad-core chipset designed with advanced semiconductor process technology with a complete mobile platform solution for our customers, enables handset makers to develop cost-effective and differentiated products quickly and tailored for the needs of different markets.”
The chip also supports 2D/3D graphics acceleration, 1080p HD video, 8 mega pixel camera sensors and even integrates the ISP graphic processing engine, which is good news for budget handsets manufacturers. This results in reduced costs for manufacturers, the value of which eventually trickles down to consumers in the form of lower priced handsets.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance