14:23 20th Jun, 2014
LG To Launch WebOS Smart TVs In India Soon
They will come with an intuitive Launcher menu, a user interface that will arrange the utilities for easy access to the features and history
India may well be getting its first smart TV with full HD Cinema 3D and Smart LED screen on a WebOS platform, as LG announced that it will be launching this in the country in near future.
This will be one of the 23 models that the company is planning to bring to India, where it is seeing options to grow. Not surprisingly, Smart TV is the cheaper of the models, it will still burn a hole in the pocket with a price starting from Rs 82,900 and will go up to Rs 15 lakhs.
The new WebOS TVs, comes with an intuitive Launcher Menu, a user interface that presents users with entertainment options and assists in organizing utilities into a neat viewing history. The Launcher will give access to an integrated 3D World, a Web Browser and the LG App Store that has on offer latest movies, television shows and games. This television has a cinema screen design and an ultra slim profile, with finger gesture control. LG has already sold more than a million units of Web OS enabled smart TVs since the launch in March 2014.
The company also showed off its TVs during the India Gadget Expo 2014 in Hyderabad. The new ULTRA HD TVs are complemented by forward-facing 5.2 multi-channel sound systems designed in collaboration with harman/kardon. Packed with LG’s new ULTRA Surround Sound concept, the speakers promise an immersive auditory experience.
LG’s ULTRA HD Engine Pro offers the processing power necessary to achieve the 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and a proprietary chip that works in conjunction with the engine to eliminate any visual artifacts. LG’s newest ULTRA HD has the ability to upscale standard HD and Full HD content to near 4K quality.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-