09:50 23rd Jun, 2014
BlackBerry To Launch Its Budget Z3 Smartphone In India This Week
According to an invite for an event sent out by BlackBerry, it will unveil the next-generation BB 10 devices on June 25
BlackBerry's Z3 budget smartphone could be launched in India as early as June 25, with the company sending out invites to an event that reads "next generation BlackBerry 10 devices". The news comes soon after it was revealed that the device will make its way to Indian shores and could be priced around Rs 14,000.
The Z3 is the Canadian company's first fully-touch device aimed at the budget market, and was first launched in Indonesia, the last stronghold of BlackBerry. The device costs IDR 2,199,000 (approximately Rs 11,500) which has sparked off a rumour that the company could price the Z3 similarly in India.
Business Standard reports that several handset makers have launched new models in the sub-Rs 12,000 price bracket which is the fastest growing segment of India's smartphone market. BlackBerry could also look to get in on some of this action by pricing the device appropriately.
The device features a 5-inch display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels and is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM. A 5MP primary camera adorns the back, while the front-facing shooter has a resolution of 1.1MP.
The Z3 is manufactured by Foxconn, the same contract manufacturer that Apple has turned to for manufacturing the iPhone. It is also the first time that BlackBerry has turned to the company for manufacturing its latest device, in order to meet cost targets for a budget smartphone.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow