16:20 17th Jun, 2014
Aaron Paul Commercial Accidentally Turns On Xbox One Consoles
Is it a mistake or a marketing trick?
Microsoft’s latest marketing campaign which sports Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul has apparently caused a bit of an inconvenience for Xbox One users. While the ad targets potential buyers, it seems that the voice command in the ad is triggering the Xbox One itself to open the Xbox dashboard.
For those of you who are not in the know, the Microsoft’s latest gaming console, the Xbox One has been designed to work with voice commands. One of those voice commands to switch to the Xbox dashboard (start menu) is by speaking out “Xbox On”.
Unfortunately for many consumers who have already switched to the newest gaming console from Microsoft, the commercial always triggers their Xbox One to open the dash because of the voice command that Aaron Paul so proudly displays in the ad. More importantly the default setting of the Xbox One will trigger the console to display the Xbox One dashboard ruining their TV viewing experience.
Clearly, Microsoft didn’t think about its advertising campaign and its side-effects in advance. Sadly there is no way out as the Xbox console was designed to be more of a home entertainment system and less of gaming console. This means that if you happen to own one, most of your home entertainment hardware is already connected to it.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones