16:40 16th Jun, 2014
MTS Launches Its Blaze 5.0 Smartphone In India At Rs 10,999
The device comes bundled with 100,000 MB of data which can be activated for Rs 198 and is valid for a year.
Domestic telecom operator MTS has launched its Blaze 5.0 smartphone in India at Rs. 10,999 which comes bundled with 100,000 MB of data valid for one year. The company plans to launch the device in nine circles - Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, UP West, West Bengal & Kolkata.
The Blaze 5.0 comes with dual SIM support (CDMA+GSM) and runs on a rather outdated version of Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The device features a 5-inch display, however the resolution of the screen hasn't been listed on the company website.
The phone is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor, coupled to 1 GB of RAM. While the internal storage space isn't known, users can expand it via a microSD card to a maximum of 32GB. At the back the Blaze 5.0 houses an 8MP camera, and while photos suggest there is a front-facing shooter, its resolution is not known.
Powering all that hardware is a 2500 mAh battery, which MTS claims will offer 9.5 hours of talk time. The Blaze 5.0 will also come with some pre-installed MTS apps such as MTS Playground music app, MTS TV app and MTS Wizard that lets users pay bills.
The 100,000 MB data pack which is valid for one year can be activated by users at a cost of Rs 198 over that of the phone. The Blaze 5.0 is part of MTS' plan to grow its mobile internet arm, which saw a growth of 35.3 per cent in the quarter that ended on March 31.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch