17:07 24th Sep, 2012
Windows 8 Shown On ARM Tablet
Offers full-fledged desktop applications support and comes bundled with "Office 15".
Microsoft has shown off its spanking new Windows 8 operating system on an ARM-based device. The good thing is that it provides full-fledged support for desktop applications on these low-powered gadgets, which supposedly support only Metro apps. Noting that PC manufacturers are also working on devices specifically designed for WOA (Windows on ARM), MS's Steven Sinofsky also previewed a Metro-style productivity suite, codenamed Office 15, in the Building Windows 8 blog.
The device's users can still access the conventional desktop file system and other core features of the OS's x86 version, including the hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10 with HTML5. That being said, this version of the OS will not be sold separately, and will come pre-installed on the devices. A limited number of applications from the Windows Phone Marketplace will be available in this case.
A video also showed the beta version of Office 15 applications. This includes a revamped version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Needless to say, it follows the Metro-style interface with more white space, less lines, and optimisations for touch. You can watch the video below:
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020