17:07 24th Sep, 2012
Windows 8 Shown On ARM Tablet
Offers full-fledged desktop applications support and comes bundled with "Office 15".
Microsoft has shown off its spanking new Windows 8 operating system on an ARM-based device. The good thing is that it provides full-fledged support for desktop applications on these low-powered gadgets, which supposedly support only Metro apps. Noting that PC manufacturers are also working on devices specifically designed for WOA (Windows on ARM), MS's Steven Sinofsky also previewed a Metro-style productivity suite, codenamed Office 15, in the Building Windows 8 blog.
The device's users can still access the conventional desktop file system and other core features of the OS's x86 version, including the hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10 with HTML5. That being said, this version of the OS will not be sold separately, and will come pre-installed on the devices. A limited number of applications from the Windows Phone Marketplace will be available in this case.
A video also showed the beta version of Office 15 applications. This includes a revamped version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Needless to say, it follows the Metro-style interface with more white space, less lines, and optimisations for touch. You can watch the video below:
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband