Alnoor M Peermohamed
15:44 11th Jun, 2014
LG's G Watch To Be A Give-Away At Google I/O 2014
Seems apt since one of the prime focuses of this year's I/O will be on Android Wear.
Every year the attendees of the Google I/O are guaranteed some pretty awesome goodies, and with the focus being on Android Wear this year, it is expected that Google will give away LG's G Watch to all show goers.
Like with the Nexus phones, LG's device is essentially a reference for Android Wear, and giving it away for free is a great way to garner support.
Google I/O is all set to be held on June 25, and while a lot is expected this year, Android Wear will undoubtedly be one of the prime focuses. Motorola and LG are expected to debut their smartwatches at the I/O, while rumours suggest that there will be a third manufacturer to do so, and all signs point to Asus.
In general the 2014 Google I/O is expected to be all about wearables, with smartwatches taking centre stage for now. While other large manufacturers like Samsung and Sony may have turned their backs on Android Wear for now, we should get a clearer picture of Google's plans in a few days.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens