Alnoor M Peermohamed
12:49 13th Jun, 2014
Swipe Launches Konnect 5.0, World's Lightest Phablet In India At Rs 8,999 | TechTree.com
Swipe Launches Konnect 5.0, World's Lightest Phablet In India At Rs 8,999
One of the party tricks of the Konnect 5.0 is its weight, or lack of it. At 135 grams it's the world's lightest phablet.
California-based smartphone manufacturer Swipe has launched its all-new Konnect 5.0 phablet in India at Rs 8,999. As the name suggests, the device features a 5-inch screen and weighs in at just 135 grams, making it the world's lightest phablet.
The Konnect 5.0 has a qHD IPS display (540x960 pixels) which makes use of OGS (One Glass Solution) technology. It runs on an older version of Google's Android, 4.2 Jelly Bean, right out of the box.
The device is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, coupled with 1 GB of RAM which should make for some sprightly performance. It has a 8MP primary camera module at the rear, while a 3.2MP front-facing camera should handle selfie duties well.
Internal storage stands at just 8GB, and can be expanded to a maximum of 32GB via a microSD card slot. Powering all that hardware is a 1950mAh polymer battery, which is quite small for a phone with a 5-inch screen to say the least.
In terms of connectivity, the Konnect 5.0 gets dual SIM card slots, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and even FM radio. Bundled with the phone, customers will get a flip cover, screen guard and business navigator worth Rs 1,499 for absolutely free.
"Swipe has always been ahead of the curve in terms of features offerings in Smartphone phablets. We will cement our position as innovative maker of smart phablets with the launch of the Konnect 5.0,” said Shripal Gandhi, founder and CEO of Swipe.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Swipe, Phablet
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals