11:57 09th Jun, 2014
Apple’s iWatch May Be Launched Along With New iPhone In October
Can it compete with Samsung’s upcoming SAMI health platform?
Now that the WWDC has finished with no signs of new iPhone being announced, our attention now turns towards the month of October which sources say, may also see the launch of the iWatch along with the new phone.
Apple’s parts supplier along with insiders say that Apple is expected to release the iPhone along with the long-rumoured iWatch and aims to produce about 3-5 million of them a month.
Expect the watch to be a health tracking device similar to Samsung’s Simband and SAMI platform, but on a much smaller scale. The device is expected to come loaded with sensors and even sport a power-efficient OLED display. In terms of sensors, the device is expected to monitor everything from blood-glucose levels to sleep activity and blood oxygen levels. Again, one would also see the iWatch communicating with the Touch ID sensor on the iPhone.
The iWatch will run a lighter version of iOS similar to the earlier 6th generation iPod Nano model, to keep navigation simpler and similar to the rest of the iOS devices. The company also announced its HealthKit bundle which should help in Apple in terms of developer support when it comes to applications of the same.
Apparently, Apple has also teamed up with American health industry giants, like the Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic, meaning that Apple just like Samsung is pretty serious about the health tracking technology. Unfortunately, if this is the case, Samsung may have the upper hand here, simply because of the global scale of things and Samsung’s experience in the health industry.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow