Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:11 09th Jun, 2014
Tweet Sparks Off Rumours Of An Upcoming Nexus Smartphone | TechTree.com
Tweet Sparks Off Rumours Of An Upcoming Nexus Smartphone
As usual, the rumour mills are churning out stories ahead of Google's I/O conference, which will be held later this June.
There have been several reports stating that Google is all set to shutter the Nexus program in favour of a more upmarket Android Silver program. However a tweet by the official Android account on Twitter showcasing a never before seen device has sparked off rumours of an upcoming Nexus 6 smartphone.
While the tweet highlighted the grocery shopping list feature on Android, it did so on a Nexus-like device with ultra-thin bezels and more rounded edges. While the information may be coming from an official source, it isn't sure if Google was just using a mockup for the ad or was indeed hinting at an upcoming Nexus phone.
This isn't the first time Google has resorted to using unseen devices in promotional ads, just to create a bit of hype. It isn't uncommon for the rumour mills to be churning in full swing ahead of Google's yearly I/O conference.
A lot is expected at this year's I/O, with rumours of a new 8-inch Nexus tablet, a new Nexus phone and even a new version of Android. With such a huge build up, we'd advice you to take this latest news with a pinch of salt as similar rumours in the past have turned out to be fake.
This doesn't mean that the company isn't working on new phones and tablets, but to expect a new Nexus device based on a teaser ad seems far fetched. With HTC confirming that they're engaged in building tablets for Google, a new Nexus tablet seems far more plausible for launch in the near future.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals