Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:12 05th Jun, 2014
Emdoor Showcases A $100 Windows 8.1 Tablet At Computex 2014 | TechTree.com
Emdoor Showcases A $100 Windows 8.1 Tablet At Computex 2014
The budget tablet is powered by an Intel Atom processor.
Currently, the tablet market is dominated by the iPad and an army of Android tablets. Microsoft did try to get some market share with its Surface series of slates, but with little success. The problem was its limited availability and expensive price. After acquiring Nokia, Microsoft can now use the Finnish company’s hardware distribution chain to push its devices. To compete with low-cost Android tablets, the software-giant recently started offering its operating system for free on devices with up to 9-inch display. The first company to take full advantage of this scheme turns out to be a Chinese company called Emdoor. Named as EM-i8080, the tablet packs in an IPS screen with 1280x800 pixels.
The tablet is powered by Intel’s ‘Bay Trail’ Atom Z3735G chipset. It has 1 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD storage for faster booting times, microSD slot for expansion. The slate sports a MicroUSB and Mini HDMI ports. According to Mobilegeeks.com, it comes with an entry-level camera, which is likely to be VGA.
On the software front, Emdoor’s tablet flaunts Windows 8.1.We believe that it’s like to be the RT version. However, considering the fact that Intel’s ‘Bay Trail’ Atom Z3735G chipset is based on X86 architecture, it’s compatible with Windows 8.1 Pro.
The EM-i8080 looks quite plasticky, but then that’s fine for budget device. It’s said that the tablet is expected to retail for $100 (Rs 6000). This definitely sounds like a great deal. Edmoor doesn’t have any presence in most counties, so we’re guessing that brands such as Micromax will rebrand and distribute these tablets in developing countries.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India