Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:42 02nd Jun, 2014
Google Working On Moto X-Like Touchless Controls For All Devices
The feature is known internally as 'Android Eyes Free' and should be an opt-in just like Google Now.
Tech giant Google is rumoured to be actively developing touch-less control systems for all devices running its Android OS, similar to that seen on Motorola's flagship Moto X smartphone.
While the company is still going ahead with the sale of Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, we wouldn't be surprised to see more tech developed by Motorola being incorporated into Google's core Android.
One of the main selling points of the Moto X has been its 'always listening' functionality, that allows users to perform a variety of tasks by just speaking to the phone, without having to touch it. According to Android Police, Google is actively developing a system to allow your device to listen to you all the time and return Search results in a safe and helpful way, using just your voice and ears.
While there are still skeptics for the use of such technology on a phone, Google could be looking at its use while driving or riding, where it's unsafe for users to look at their phone screens. The report adds that Google is calling the feature KITT or 'Android Eyes Free' internally and will be based on the company's artificial intelligence engine.
Google is already working to give users relevant information at the right time with Google Now. The touch-less functionality will also be an opt-in similar to Google Now, and could even be an extension of the service in the future. This should please privacy centric users who may find it a bit too intrusive to allow their phones to listen to them all the time.
Motorola has risen to fame with cleaver features such as its touch-less controls, and it's now becoming clear why Google could have been interested in the company in the first place. Now that the search giant is selling off Motorola to Lenovo, it is to be seen what further innovation the company can bring to the table.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020