12:43 30th May, 2014
Samsung GALAXY Mega 6.3 Gets Its Share Of KitKat
The roll-out has begun in Russia and will reach other countries soon.
With KitKat hitting all Samsung devices with 1.5 GB RAM, it makes sense that everything from the smallest to the biggest of Samsung devices is worthy of the update. Well now it’s finally the turn of the Samsung GALAXY Mega 6.3 to get a taste of Android’s latest and greatest KitKat software.
The update has begun rolling out in Russia and will push the device which was launched with Jelly Bean 4.2 last year in April up to KitKat version 4.4.2. The update brings in the usual KitKat improvements like cloud printing, camera shortcuts on the lock screen, faster performance, white status bar icons and full screen album art as well.
As mentioned earlier, the update has begun rolling out in Russia, meaning that us Indians will have to wait for a few weeks till our turn arrives. The update will appear as a notification on your Mega 6.3 handset when it arrives but you can also check for the update by connecting your handset to your PC via the Samsung’s Kies software.
Samsung will obviously force you to update the Kies software on your PC to the latest version before checking. Else you could also manually check for updates on your handset by hitting Settings, About Phone and then Software Update.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens