Alnoor M Peermohamed
14:55 29th May, 2014
Samsung's Potential Competitor To The Moto E Surfaces In India
It was only a matter of time before Samsung scrambled to quash Motorola's challenge to safeguard its dominance.
Samsung could soon launch a competitor to Motorola's overtly popular Moto E smartphone in India, and if new leaks are to be believed, two test units of the device have already landed in the country. Technology site Gadgets To Use spotted a device named SM-G350E which is priced at Rs 6,070 being imported into the country.
While there aren't any other details about the device, it's pricing (before tax and other overheads) puts it right up against the Moto E. Further, the site adds that the SM-G350E could be a dual SIM variant of the recently spotted SM-G357F on Samsung's Swedish Website.
If this is true, then the phone could sport specifications very similar to the Moto E – 4.3-inch screen, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and will run Android 4.4 KitKat. Adding to this, Samsung could offer 8GB of internal memory, a 5MP primary camera with autofocus, complimented by a VGA front-facing camera.
It's only a matter of time before Samsung launches a smartphone to compete with the Moto E in the entry-level of the market. Considering that Samsung has everything to lose being the largest manufacturer in the Indian smartphone space, it wouldn't be surprising to see the company pull all stops to put an end to Motorola's rise.
While the leak is purely speculative of the phone's specifications, it must be noted that companies often change out components at the last minute for various reasons. Considering that the devices imported into India were just test pieces, it's highly likely that the specifications could change in order to meet price targets.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020