Alnoor M Peermohamed
17:56 27th May, 2014
HTC's Mid-Range Desire 816 Plablet Goes On Sale In India For Rs 24,999 | TechTree.com
HTC's Mid-Range Desire 816 Plablet Goes On Sale In India For Rs 24,999
Apart from making it to the Indian market over two weeks late, the phone also costs more than its launch price of Rs 23,990.
More than a month after HTC announced its Desire 816 phablet for the Indian market, the device is finally available for purchase online at a price of Rs 24,999. Apart from being launched over two weeks later than expected, the Desire 816 is also priced higher than its launch price of Rs 23,990.
The device sports a 5.5-inch HD display (1280x720 pixels) and is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor. It also features 1.5GB of RAM which should make for some snappy performance, while internal storage stands at a measly 8GB.
In terms of imaging, the Desire 816 features a 13MP f/2.2 primary camera at the rear that's capable of capturing fullHD video. The front facing camera has a resolution of 5MP, perfect for taking those all important selfies. In terms of connectivity the device has dual SIM card support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi, GPS connectivity.
The device runs Google's latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat, with HTC's propitiatory Sense 6.0 UI loaded on top. Sense is regarded as the best custom Android skin rolled out by any manufacturer, and also gives users access to BlinkFeed, HTC's news service.
HTC's Desire 816 will head the company's growth in the mid-range smartphone segment. With it's increased focus on the Indian market it could seem like a turn-off that the company delayed the phone's launch by a few weeks, but nevertheless it does come with some compelling specifications.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, HTC, Desire 816, mid-range smartphone, Phablets
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals