13:16 26th May, 2014
Lava Iris X1 With Broadcom SoC Launched For Rs 8000
Looks like an iPhone that runs Android KitKat.
Lava finally took the wraps of its latest budget smartphone, the Iris X1 which will be one of the first handsets by the manufacturer to be powered by the Broadcom SoC. The chipset currently powers the QPAD e704, the company’s tablet offering and will now add the Iris X1 to its line-up of budget-friendly devices.
The device comes with a 4.5 inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixel) display which is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Broadcom chipset. The Broadcom BCM23550 SoC comes with the Videocore IV GPU and is coupled with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory. The company also offers a microSD memory expansion slot and adds a smaller yet capable 1800 mAh battery. The camera at the back is an 8MP BSI sensor with dual-LED flash while a 2MP unit seems enough for the front-facing one.
As you would have noticed, the device clearly competes with Micromax Unite 2 A106 which comes with a larger screen but inferior camera set up. In terms of looks, the handset looks like a copy of the iPhone 4S with only a taller construction to differentiate the two.
The phone runs Android KitKat and comes in Black and White with a metal strip running around the corners. The device is priced at Rs 8000 and will be available starting from the 27th of May. The handset will also come with a Flip cover that automatically puts the phone into sleep mode when closed.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance