09:49 23rd May, 2014
Micromax Launches Its Unite 2 Smartphone In India At Rs 6,999 | TechTree.com
Micromax Launches Its Unite 2 Smartphone In India At Rs 6,999
The phone sports a quad-core processor, runs on Android KitKat and is priced to compete with the Moto E.
Micromax has announced the launch of its quad-core powered Unite 2 smartphone in India, priced at Rs 6,999 to take on Motorola's entry-level Moto E handset. It is the Indian manufacturer's first phone to run on Google's latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and will go on sales across the country starting today.
The Unite 2 sports a 4.7-inch IPS display with a WVGA (800x480p) resolution and a pixel density of 198 ppi. The device packs a quad-core MediaTek processor clocked at 1.3GHz along with 1GB of RAM. Internal memory stands at a scant 4GB, while users can expand storage by up to 32GB via a microSD card.
Coming to the imaging capabilities, the Unite 2 houses a 5MP primary camera at the rear with an LED flash module, while a 2MP secondary camera adorns the front. In terms of design, the device is reminiscent of Nokia's entry-level Lumia phones and even comes in four shades – grey, white, red and green.
The Unite 2 is Micromax's first smartphone to run on Google's latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat, albeit with a slightly customised skin. It supports dual SIM cards and the list of connectivity options include 3G, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0 and Wi-Fi.
Another huge feature of the Unite 2 is its support for 21 regional languages, which according to Micromax CEO Shubhodip Pal will drive “day to day phone transactions, internet usage and online content consumption in India”.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals