Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:47 20th May, 2014
Microsoft To Announce A Bigger Surface Tablet Today?
Rumours now suggest there won't be a Surface Mini, but instead the exact opposite - a 12-inch Surface tablet.
Microsoft is all set to hold a 'Surface-themed' event in New York today, where it is expected to unveil a new tablet device. Rumours had earlier suggested that the company would launch a smaller Surface tablet to take on the iPad Mini, but closer to the launch date reports of a larger device being launched have cropped up.
According to TechCrunch, Microsoft will do the opposite by launching a larger screened Surface tablet at the event. The report speculates the device will sport a 12-inch screen, making for a better case for people to use the Surface tablets as a mainstream computing device.
Microsoft already has the Surface Pro 2 tablet which runs the full-fledged Windows OS and is aimed as an alternative to ultrabooks. However, many users have raised the issue of the device's screen being too small to serve as a replacement to a PC.
In theory you could plug up your Surface device to an external screen, but that's in many ways more cumbersome than owning a laptop. The new tablet could be a PRO device that sacrifices some of its portability for a more useful screen size.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance