Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:32 19th May, 2014
Facebook Pulls Down WhatsApp From Windows Phone Store | TechTree.com
Facebook Pulls Down WhatsApp From Windows Phone Store
We advice you not to uninstall it until the problem is fixed.
Just when you thought that the things have started to fall into place for Microsoft's mobile platform, Facebook seems to have pulled down WhatsApp from Windows Phone Store. The messaging client is missing on Windows Phone 8 and the recently launched version 8.1. We discovered this issue just a few minutes back while testing the Lumia 630 handset. Searching for WhatsApp in WP Store returns the following message: "We couldn't find a match. Try a different spelling or search term." To make sure this issue is not only limited to WP 8.1, we removed WhatsApp from a Lumia 925 running Windows Phone 8, and encountered the same issue trying to find it in Store.
Following a download link from www.WhatsApp.com throws another error message at you. This is what it reads: "App not available. This might be because the app isn't' available in your country or region, it was removed from the Store by the publisher, or it's exclusive to a different mobile provider."
No company in its right mind will remove the world's most popular chat client from its app repository. So we're quite sure that someone from Facebook must have hit the delete button. Whoever is at fault here, Microsoft needs to act swiftly to get this app back in store.
TAGS: Apps, Internet, Windows Phone, WhatsApp
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals