15:35 16th May, 2014
Google Puts Mattel Designer Ivy Ross In Charge Of Glass Development | TechTree.com
Google Puts Mattel Designer Ivy Ross In Charge Of Glass Development
Her biggest challenge will be to address the issue of privacy and hopefully design which the public has raised.
Google has just named Ivy Ross, one-time lead designer at Mattel and a noted jewelry artist, as the head for its Glass project. The move comes as a massive shift away from the so-far geeky team that has been behind the development of the company's revolutionary wearable.
Ross replaces Babak Parviz as Google's Glass lead and will work under Google X for Astro Teller and Sergei Brin. Her job will most likely involve transitioning Glass to a full-fledged consumer product while also addressing issues of privacy, useability and design which have been raised by consumers.
On the G+ page for Google Glass, Ivy Ross said, “I look forward to answering the seemingly simple, but truly audacious questions Glass poses.” She added that she has spent her career “at the intersection of design and marketing, trying to answer questions like this in different ways, for different products.”
In her previous stints, Ross has worked as head designer at Calvin Klein, Swatch, Coach, Mattel, Bausch & Lomb, Gap and, most recently, Art.com. Her prior experience and expertise should in some way help with the design and marketing of Glass, which so far has been lacking in some sense.
Moreover, one of the greatest challenges that Ross will face during her stint at Google will definitely be the anger which several people have voiced over privacy issues that come with Glass. The wearable may be available for purchase already, but even Google acknowledges that it's still at more advanced stages of development.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals