Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:33 13th May, 2014
Lava's Upcoming Iris X1 To Run Android KitKat And Cost Less Than Rs 8,000
Will the X1's 4.5-inch screen and 8MP shooter be enough to take on the Moto E?
Indian smartphone maker Lava has announced its all-new entry-level Iris X1 smartphone, which will run on Google's latest Android 4.4 KitKat and cost less than Rs 8,000. The phone seems to be directly pitted against the Motorola Moto E which will be launched later in the day.
The company hasn't released the full specifications of the Iris X1, but has confirmed it will come with a 4.5-inch screen and 8MP primary camera. From what is known of Motorola's upcoming entry-level smartphone, the Iris X1 trumps it in the departments of screen-size and camera resolution.
“...Lava is going to price it (Iris X1) aggressively under Rs 8k. Riding on the success of its Iris Pro series, Lava is really upbeat about this offering,” said the company in a statement. It however did not disclose the exact launch date, simply stating that the phone will be launched in the next few days.
With Google pushing hard to increase the user base of its seven month old version of Android, more phones, even in the entry-level segment, are beginning to run on KitKat. Indian manufacturer Karbonn too recently announced that its Titanium Hexa smartphone would run on the latest version of Android, however it is yet to be seen whether these phones would run on stock Android like the Moto G.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week