Alnoor M Peermohamed
19:16 05th May, 2014
Xolo's Upcoming Q900T Mid-Range Smartphone Boasts Of A Curved Display
Even if the curved display is a gimmick, the phone offers enough to go up against the Moto G on paper.
Indian smartphone manufacturer Xolo has quietly listed its newest mid-range smartphone, the Q900T, on its official website at the price of Rs 11,999. Apart from sporting a quad-core processor, the phone comes with what the company calls a 4.7-inch HD IPS 2.5D curved display.
If so, the the Q900T could be one of just three mobile devices sporting curved displays – the other two coming from Korean giants Samsung and LG. Apart from the display, the phone features some typical mid-range specifications, which at the price undercut that of the Motorola Moto G.
The Q900T comes equipped with a 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, and sports a PowerVR SGX544 GPU clocked at 357 MHz. Memory stands at 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage, while the phone also has a microSD card slot enabling expansion of upto 32 GB.
At the back, the phone houses an 8MP snapper, featuring something the company calls a BSI sensor that makes for enhanced low-light shots. The Q900T also comes with a 2MP camera up front for making video calls and snapping those all-important selfies.
The phone however doesn't run on Android's latest avatar, but instead on Jelly Bean 4.2 which is quite a disappointment given the phone's promising specs. Even if the curved display is merely a gimmick, the phone sports compelling specifications at a price that puts it head to head with the overtly successful Moto G.
The Xolo Q900T offers more than the Moto G in many key areas, but it is yet to be seen how the phone really performs in the real world.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones