12:22 24th Apr, 2014
Indian Railways Launches Windows App To Track Train Schedules
Get updates on the departure & arrival timings of a particular train in real time.
The Indian Railways' information and technology arm has teamed up with Microsoft to create an app that gives users information of the expected arrival and departure times of a particular train, while also letting them track the train's position in near real time.
The National Train Enquiry System (NTES) app is available for both PCs running Windows 8 as well as mobile devices running on Windows Phone 8.1.
The NTES is basically the Indian Railways' back-end system that provides the public with near real-time information about train schedules. This information so far has been available through websites, enquiry counters, through call and display boards at stations.
The NTES app is the next step towards bringing this information to the public, and has various features such as 'Spot Your Train', Train Schedule', 'Train Between Stations' and 'Cancled Trains'. The app gives users a comprehensive information about the national railway network.
While the app is currently available only on the Windows, the Centre for Railway Information Systems is already working to bring it to multiple platforms.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance