Alnoor M Peermohamed
14:56 21st Apr, 2014
Motorola Could Soon Roll Out Two New Variants Of The Moto G
One equipped with a 4G LTE radio and the other with some Ferrari branding.
American phone-maker Motorola is supposedly planning to release two new variants of its popular mid-segment Moto G smartphone, dubbed the Moto G LTE and Moto G Ferrari, accroding to Xataka. The two devices are expected to retain much the same hardware as the regular Moto G, albeit a few changes.
The Moto G LTE as its name suggests will feature a 4G LTE radio, allowing for much faster internet speeds. While Motorola had initially planned for the Moto G to be successful in emerging markets, the phone has been well received in developed markets too where customers have ready access to 4G networks. This could be one of the reasons the company decided a 4G enabled Moto G would make sense.
The other device, dubbed Moto G Ferrari is rumoured to be a special edition version, featuring the distinctive design probably inspired by the Italian supercars. On the contrary it could just be a red coloured version of the phone just as Google launched a red Nexus 5. (keep in mind the Moto G was conceived when Motorola was still owned by Google)
Apart from this, one can expect some Ferrari logos with some added livery to spruce things up. If the Moto G Ferrari does indeed get launched, it wouldn't be the first time Motorola has joined forces with the Italian mark to launch special edition phones.
Recently Motorola has been making the headlines with an upcoming flagship Moto X+1 and even an ultra-slim Moto E. Seems as though Motorola is keen to maintain its newfound success, despite the ongoing transition of ownership from Google to Lenovo.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance