21:51 20th Apr, 2014
Google Could Be Working On A Sub-$100 Nexus Smartphone | TechTree.com
Google Could Be Working On A Sub-$100 Nexus Smartphone
The news does fall in line with Google's plan to mantain its stronghold in the low to mid-range smartphone market.
Google's Nexus devices have always offered great value for money, but new rumours suggest that the company could be working on a new breed of ultra-affrodable smartphones. Unlike current Nexus devices which compete in the high-end market, the rumoured device will retail for under $100.
According to BGR, the device will pack a MediaTek processor for the development of which Google has already begun working with the Taiwanese chipmaker. While none of the developments have been confirmed officially, what gives this rumour legs is Google's plans to maintain a stronghold on the low to mid-range smartphone market.
There have already been reports of Google wanting to expand its Nexus line-up with a new 8.9-inch tablet which will be built by HTC, so other devices could soon follow. Typically the company has launched new devices alongside newer versions of its Android operating system, with the Nexus phones coming in the fourth quarter of the year.
More details of Google's plans for Android and the devices it uses to show it off the OS are expected to come at the developers conference in June this year. A new breed of Nexus devices could be unveiled alongside Android version 4.4 to counter the challenge that Microsoft has thrown down with the upgrades to its Windows mobile operating system.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals