23:17 15th Sep, 2012
HRD To Scrap Aakash II Deal with IIT Rajasthan
Says PSUs are better suited to handle large tenders and vendor expectations.
After initial reports suggested that the HRD Ministry might terminate its contract with DataWind to manufacture the Aakash tablets, it seems the government will be pulling out the procurement tender for Aakash 2 from IIT Rajasthan instead. The move comes after a spat between IIT-Rajasthan and DataWind. Adding insult to injury, the responsibility of drafting specifications and features for the new version has been transferred to the Ministry of Communications and IT.
A government official at the HRD ministry said, "We have realised that educational institutes are not capable of handling tenders as it involves large sums of money and handling vendors. Public sector undertakings are much better equipped to handle it". It's been reported that public sector undertakings such as ITI Ltd or Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd (TCIL) might be considered for procuring the next generation of the device instead.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-