Alnoor M Peermohamed
12:29 14th Apr, 2014
Moto X+1 To Come With 25 Different Backplate Customisations, Including Leather
Motorola seems to be taking device customisability up a notch with the upcoming Moto X+1.
It was just a few days ago that master-leaker evleaks revealed that Motorola's upcoming flagship phone will be called the Moto X+1, along with news that the company will offer leather as an option for customisation. Now it has been revealed that Motorola will offer 25 different backplate options to customers, with four different shades of leather.
According to a Twitter post by evleaks, the Moto X+1 will have four colour options for leather backs – Black, Red, Grey and Blue. Apart from this, users will also be able to spec out their Moto X+1s in a myriad of shades(25 to be precise), including wood back style that the company unveiled with the Moto X.
This isn't surprising as it wasn't just the Moto X's smart features that made it somewhat successful, but also the high level of customisation that Motorola offered its customers. Through the company's MotoMaker tool, buyers could spec out their phones in a variety of different ways, though the option was only open to buyers in the US.
moto X+1 backplate options: pic.twitter.com/UIcDtDSLXO— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 13, 2014
It isn't clear whether Motorola will bring such a degree of customisation outside the US, but it is a possibility judging by the recent success the company has had in overseas markets. Also the company could decide to manufacture the phone outside the US, especially considering that its soon-to-be owner is Chinese.
Motorola's cheaper offering, the Moto G, is manufactured in China, and has proven to be a massive success the world over. The company could decide to do the same to offer better value to customers of its upcoming flagship device, while setting up local assembly units to open the door to customisations.
The Moto X+1 is expected to be launched this summer, coming alongside the recently unveiled Moto 360 smartwatch. Leather backs seem like a logical step towards making the phone-smartwatch pair sell better, given that the wearable device will come with swappable leather straps as well.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance