17:56 04th Jul, 2012
Download: Rainmeter 2.1 (Windows)
Customise your desktop as you wish.
Rainmeter is a popular desktop customisation software for Windows, which lets you enhance your Windows computer with skins, and handy, compact but informative applets floating freely on your desktop. The applets let you keep an eye on your system resources, such as memory and battery power, online data streams such as email, RSS feeds, and even weather forecasts. Even the skins prepared using Rainmeter have additional functionality such as the ability to record notes and to-do lists, launch your favourite applications, or even control your media player, all with a clean and easy interface you can always customise.
The programme is in fact a toolkit, which lets you create and manipulate your own skins using the extensive documentation provided online, including a getting started guide and skin tutorials. The beauty of this application is that it consumes minimal system resources and works on almost any hardware running Windows XP, Vista or 7. An open source (under GNU GPL v2) and free application, it is available in 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions, and in standard as well as portable installations.
Developer: Osiris Development Products
Size: 1.8 MB
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance