Alnoor M Peermohamed
12:23 03rd Apr, 2014
Motorola's Rugged 'Moto G Forte' Goes On Sale In Mexico
Calm down. It's the same phone shipping with a Motorola 'Grip Shell' right out of the box.
Motorola has quietly launched a new variant of its highly successful Moto G smartphone in Mexico, dubbed the Moto G Forte. Seen as a more rugged alternative to the standard phone, it ships with Motorola's Grip Shell right out of the box.
The Moto G Forte sports identical specifications to the regular phone, albeit a rubberised back cover that surrounds the perimeter of the phone. The 'Grip Shell' is available as an accessory directly from Motorola which can be bought for Rs 999 in India.
The Forte also runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat right out of the box, unlike the regular phone which ships with JellyBean. Sold as a more hardy variant of the Moto G, other than the Grip Shell, the phone features no enhancements that make it any more rugged. It comes with the same Corning Gorilla Glass 3 digitiser and also features the same water repelling Nano coating.
While there isn't any news of the phone coming to markets other than Mexico, judging by the success of the Moto G in India, possibility of it coming to India can't be ruled out. For now though you could just order a Moto G on Flipkart and avail of a Rs 100 discount on any Grip Shell.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020