18:13 01st Apr, 2014
Lava’s Iris 550Q Brings The Big Screen Experience To The Mid-Segment
Sports a large 5.5 inch screen with a narrow 3mm bezel for easy handling.
Everyone wants to get into the phablet game these days, first Nokia and now even local brands in India want in. Just a few days ago, Xolo launched their version of the phablet called the Xolo PocketPad (or the Q2500) and now even Lava being the parent company, wants their share of the phablet pie with their own offering.
Lava has announced its latest entry for the phablet segment called the Iris 550Q. Designed to be a multimedia consumption device, the handset delivers effortless multi-tasking and big screen entertainment at a reasonable price tag. Looks like the Motorola Moto G just got a long list of phablet competitors all of a sudden, sporting better internals and bigger screens for media consumption.
The Iris 550Q sports a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of Internal memory which is expandable to 32 GB via a micro SD card. On the front is a large 5.5 inch 1280 X 720 pixel IPS display with OGS technology. There's a 2 MP front-facing camera while an 8 MP camera sits on the back with its BSI sensor, capable of capturing 1080p video. The phone runs on Android Jelly Bean V 4.2 and powered by a 2,600 mAh battery that is capable of delivering up to 10 hours of talk time.
The phone comes only in black and is available in stores and online for a price tag of Rs 13,000. The Xolo Q2500 on the other hand is available for Rs 14,999 with only a slightly bigger 3000 mAh battery and 6 inch screen on offer. So which one will you choose?
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow