20:17 25th Mar, 2014
LG G2 And G Flex To Receive The "Knock Code" Feature Via Software Update
LG’s Knock Code from the G2 Pro is coming soon to other LG handsets.
Tapping on your phone's screen in a certain pattern to unlock the phone sounds like a good idea. LG has already implemented it on the LG G Pro 2. Dubbed as the Knock Code, LG plans to push this security feature via firmware update to existing high-end devices. The roll-out is expected to begin this April. we believe that the G Flex that costs around Rs 70,000 will be among the first wave of devices to receive this update.
LG had patented this technology back in 2008, as an alternative solution to smartphone security. According to LG’s study, most users check and unlock their devices between 100 and 150 times a day. The company claims that the new method is far quicker when compared to a PIN or password. The Knock Code is supports up to 80,000 possible combinations via 4 or 8 tap sequences. LG will announce the availability for the Knock Code on the eligible handsets locally in the coming weeks.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance