Alnoor M Peermohamed
20:54 25th Mar, 2014
'Google Now' Will Help You Avoid Heavy Traffic
The notifications will help users avoid traffic by switching to an alternate route.
There's nothing more frustrating than the traffic jams. However, thanks to an update for Google Now you just might have a fighting chance to avoid being stuck in grid lock.
According to a company statement on Google+, starting today, users of Android search app Google Now will get traffic alerts. This gives users a chance to avoid heavy traffic by switching to an alternate route.
“With the latest update to the #GoogleSearch app for Android, Google Now will send you a notification if you’re likely to hit a traffic incident along your drive—without you even having to ask.” said the company.
The update is very much inline with Google's new mission statement of providing you with the right information at the right time.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens