15:39 24th Mar, 2014
Moto 360 Rumoured To Sport Sapphire Glass
The speculations also hint at a power-efficient OLED screen.
Whenever a product is announced without much details, the rumour mill goes into overdrive. This is exactly what is happening with the Moto 360 smartwatch. Since Motorola did not reveal the tech specs, leaks and rumours are now feeling that void.
ArsTechnica reported that a user named ‘Houdabao’, has released a couple of details about the Moto 360. According to his Weibo account, the Moto 360 will have an OLED display protected by the sapphire glass coating.
Sapphire glass is something reserved for the expensive wrist-watches. So while sapphire glass is not something new to the world of watches, none has integrated it in the smartwatches yet.
‘Houdabao’ also mentions that the OLED screen will help save power and will always remain on to display the time. This is similar to the ‘always on’ screen feature found on the company's popular handset Moto X.
It is also speculated that the Moto 360 will support wireless charging. We're guessing that it would be similar to the induction charging method used in Nokia's recent smartphones such as the Lumia 1020 and 920.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499