15:39 24th Mar, 2014
Moto 360 Rumoured To Sport Sapphire Glass
The speculations also hint at a power-efficient OLED screen.
Whenever a product is announced without much details, the rumour mill goes into overdrive. This is exactly what is happening with the Moto 360 smartwatch. Since Motorola did not reveal the tech specs, leaks and rumours are now feeling that void.
ArsTechnica reported that a user named ‘Houdabao’, has released a couple of details about the Moto 360. According to his Weibo account, the Moto 360 will have an OLED display protected by the sapphire glass coating.
Sapphire glass is something reserved for the expensive wrist-watches. So while sapphire glass is not something new to the world of watches, none has integrated it in the smartwatches yet.
‘Houdabao’ also mentions that the OLED screen will help save power and will always remain on to display the time. This is similar to the ‘always on’ screen feature found on the company's popular handset Moto X.
It is also speculated that the Moto 360 will support wireless charging. We're guessing that it would be similar to the induction charging method used in Nokia's recent smartphones such as the Lumia 1020 and 920.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance