15:39 24th Mar, 2014
Moto 360 Rumoured To Sport Sapphire Glass
The speculations also hint at a power-efficient OLED screen.
Whenever a product is announced without much details, the rumour mill goes into overdrive. This is exactly what is happening with the Moto 360 smartwatch. Since Motorola did not reveal the tech specs, leaks and rumours are now feeling that void.
ArsTechnica reported that a user named ‘Houdabao’, has released a couple of details about the Moto 360. According to his Weibo account, the Moto 360 will have an OLED display protected by the sapphire glass coating.
Sapphire glass is something reserved for the expensive wrist-watches. So while sapphire glass is not something new to the world of watches, none has integrated it in the smartwatches yet.
‘Houdabao’ also mentions that the OLED screen will help save power and will always remain on to display the time. This is similar to the ‘always on’ screen feature found on the company's popular handset Moto X.
It is also speculated that the Moto 360 will support wireless charging. We're guessing that it would be similar to the induction charging method used in Nokia's recent smartphones such as the Lumia 1020 and 920.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-