15:39 24th Mar, 2014
Moto 360 Rumoured To Sport Sapphire Glass
The speculations also hint at a power-efficient OLED screen.
Whenever a product is announced without much details, the rumour mill goes into overdrive. This is exactly what is happening with the Moto 360 smartwatch. Since Motorola did not reveal the tech specs, leaks and rumours are now feeling that void.
ArsTechnica reported that a user named ‘Houdabao’, has released a couple of details about the Moto 360. According to his Weibo account, the Moto 360 will have an OLED display protected by the sapphire glass coating.
Sapphire glass is something reserved for the expensive wrist-watches. So while sapphire glass is not something new to the world of watches, none has integrated it in the smartwatches yet.
‘Houdabao’ also mentions that the OLED screen will help save power and will always remain on to display the time. This is similar to the ‘always on’ screen feature found on the company's popular handset Moto X.
It is also speculated that the Moto 360 will support wireless charging. We're guessing that it would be similar to the induction charging method used in Nokia's recent smartphones such as the Lumia 1020 and 920.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones