12:34 25th Mar, 2014
Pebble Proves That The Smartwatches Are Here To Stay | TechTree.com
Pebble Proves That The Smartwatches Are Here To Stay
The company sold over a 400,000 smartwatches in 2013.
Starting off as a KickStarter campaign, Pebble surely has come a long way. The company has proved the world that smartwatches are here to stay. With Pebble announcing its second generation smartwatch, the competition seems to be heating up.
In an interview to Mashable, Pebbles’ CEO Eric Migicovsky commented, "When we started working on wearables six years ago, there were few players in the space and a lot of skeptics,". When speaking about Google stepping into the smartwatch game, he said that "It's exciting to see this market grow so quickly — enabling more interesting use cases and keeping all of us laser-focused on creating the very best user experiences we can."
In 2013, Pebble sold over a 400,000 Pebble smartwatches. This is quite an achievement considering that this product category is still in its nascent stages. We guess, this is the reason for Google to enter the smartphone market.
Pebble’s version 2.0 saw the launch of its own app store with over a thousand apps. Considering that it’s just a smartwatch the number is quite sufficient if you ask us. The big question is, will Pebble move over to Android Wear? Or prefer to fight the giant by concentrating on its own platform.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals