12:34 25th Mar, 2014
Pebble Proves That The Smartwatches Are Here To Stay
The company sold over a 400,000 smartwatches in 2013.
Starting off as a KickStarter campaign, Pebble surely has come a long way. The company has proved the world that smartwatches are here to stay. With Pebble announcing its second generation smartwatch, the competition seems to be heating up.
In an interview to Mashable, Pebbles’ CEO Eric Migicovsky commented, "When we started working on wearables six years ago, there were few players in the space and a lot of skeptics,". When speaking about Google stepping into the smartwatch game, he said that "It's exciting to see this market grow so quickly — enabling more interesting use cases and keeping all of us laser-focused on creating the very best user experiences we can."
In 2013, Pebble sold over a 400,000 Pebble smartwatches. This is quite an achievement considering that this product category is still in its nascent stages. We guess, this is the reason for Google to enter the smartphone market.
Pebble’s version 2.0 saw the launch of its own app store with over a thousand apps. Considering that it’s just a smartwatch the number is quite sufficient if you ask us. The big question is, will Pebble move over to Android Wear? Or prefer to fight the giant by concentrating on its own platform.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers