14:29 30th Jan, 2012
India's First Cloud-Based e-tutor tablet Launched
Targeted at students, the Rs 7,500 device will be available from April.
After creating a flutter with the Aakash Tablet, the Indian government has launched the country's first cloud-based tablet for school students, called the e-tutor tablet. Sam Pitroda, advisor to the Prime Minister, unveiled the Rs 7,500 tab that will come with built-in educational content and will be available from April onwards. It is a collaborated effort between e-tutor and Oztern Technology and targeted at students from Class 1 to 12.
Ranjith Balan, founder and Managing Director of e-tutor said, "The teacher can easily explain concepts using the digital whiteboard that is set up in the Tablet PC. Using e-tutor learning tablet the students can access what was taught in the classroom and can also access the collaborative learning platform for discussions on relevant topics". Built using Microsoft Windows Azure, the device will be updated periodically with relevant content through a "unique cloud-tablet synch mechanism".
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband