14:40 19th Mar, 2014
Google Takes The Wraps Off Android Wear | TechTree.com
Google Takes The Wraps Off Android Wear
LG to be the first manufacturer to adopt the new software.
Google finally announced Android Wear — a new software that will enable manufacturers to run Android on wearable devices. The first of those wearable devices will obviously be the smart watches, which LG and Motorola have signed up to build and cash in on. From the promo that is available on YouTube, the OS seems more like Google Now running on your watch giving you only relevant information when you need it. Navigation is fairly simple, you swipe from left to right and top to bottom. Need to reply to text? Simply speak to the phone — typing becomes a thing of the past (unless you're in a chaotic country like India).
What impresses us the most is how easy the OS is to navigate and how well the information makes use of the tiny screen. What concerns us though is the device's battery life. More importantly, as of now there is no sign about whether the device is capable of running independently.
Another thing that makes us wonder is why has Google not used the same on Google Glass. It would have been a great way to demo the Android Wear on existing technology.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance