Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12:17 15th Mar, 2014
Rumour: Samsung GALAXY S5 Zoom To Sport A 19 Megapixel Camera
Samsung's next phone-camera hybrid is expected to run Android 4.4.2 out-of-the-box.
Looks like Samsung is all set to launch the GALAXY S5 Zoom camera. A device named SM-C115 has popped up in GFXBench’s database. Since the GALAXY S4 Zoom was known as SM-C101, we’re quite sure that the C115 would be its successor. The benchmark results reveal most of the tech specs of this upcoming gadget.
For starters, you get a 4.8-inch HD screen. The rear camera consists of a 19 megapixel module. Being a phone-camera hybrid, the S5 Zoom also comes with a front-facing snapper. It's powered by an Exynos 5 Hexa SoC clocked at 1.3 GHz (as detected by the benchmark). Then, there’s 2 GB of RAM to keep up with Android 4.4.2. Since it’s a Samsung GALAXY device, expect TouchWiz UI on top of Kitkat.
In terms of connectivity, you get Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC. Considering the GALAXY S4 Zoom still costs Rs 30,000, you can expect the S5 Zoom to be pegged at around 35k. Now the question is whether you’d buy this clunky camera with phone functionality or the Lumia 1020 — a phone with a great camera?
Seriously, would you like to make a call from a device that looks like this?
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week