Alnoor M Peermohamed
17:00 13th Mar, 2014
Toyota To Release Its First Apple CarPlay Compatible Car In 2015 | TechTree.com
Toyota To Release Its First Apple CarPlay Compatible Car In 2015
The feature will allow users to connect their iPhones to touchscreen displays in cars.
Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan, the world's largest carmaker by volume of sales, has announced that it will release the first Apple CarPlay equipped car in 2015.
The company was one among many automakers who demonstrated working prototypes of Apple's infotainment interface at last week's Geneva Motor Show.
According to a report on theverge.com, Apple's CarPlay feature was announced at a developer conference in San Francisco under the name 'iOS in the Car'. This feature is the part of Apple's latest iOS 7.1 software update, which went public this week.
Through CarPlay, users can connect their iPhones to touchscreen displays in cars. Using connected screen, you can access maps, play music, and even send messages (we don't recommend that).
Toyota has not made it clear as to which models will feature Apple's CarPlay feature. There's no whether it will add support to existing vehicles in the coming years. However companies like Pioneer who specialise in making in-car infotainment systems plans to offer kits compatible with Apple's CarPlay for older cars.
Update: The Company has retracted its statement about Apple CarPlay coming to its cars in 2015. Instead it has said “No announcements about if and when Apple CarPlay will arrive in Toyota cars have been made.”
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals